Sunday, January 16, 2011

27


A few weeks ago was my 27th birthday. It was a great day! Charlie absolutely spoiled me as he does every birthday. Neither one of us are big birthday people. My birthday is 4 days after Christmas, so it was always overshadowed. And Charlie…well, he’s just anti any holidays or celebrations. He’s said on more than one occasion that the Jehovah Witnesses have it right when it comes to them. He always manages to set all of that side and celebrate my birthday. He’s such a sweet husband!

We started the day with an ultrasound of our sweet little one. This was our second time seeing our baby and hearing the heartbeat. Best birthday present ever! All was well and the dr. set my due date for August 9th.

After our appointment we headed to Panera for lunch and then to the North Carolina Museum of Art to see an exhibit I’ve wanted to see since I first heard about it! It was a children’s book illustration exhibit with some of Eric Carle’s work. I have to say, the exhibit was small and actually really disappointing. Charlie got lucky though. They had a huge exhibit with Norman Rockwell’s work. He was delighted!

Being the first trimester, I am constantly exhausted! So, we went home for a much needed nap! Followed by shopping, dinner, and a movie! What a full day!

Charlie’s birthday is coming up in a few weeks. Unfortunately, he never lets me make a big deal out of his birthday. It’s just not fair!

So, I’m officially 27. This year has been in the back of my mind for a long time. It was this nagging thought that something would happen at 27. I’ve had this suspicion throughout my 20’s. I didn’t know what it was. For a while, I thought maybe I would meet my husband or get married. Then I thought maybe 27 would be the year I would finally get pregnant. Sometimes I even thought that nothing exciting would happen and I was just crazy. Now I see that 27 will be the year I become a mommy! Such an exciting thing to look forward to! I’ll never celebrate another birthday the same. Every birthday from this point forward will be as a mom. How exciting!

The only similar thoughts I’ve had before was knowing that I was going to marry Charlie when we met. He said goodnight to me and from that moment on I knew we would one day be married. Thank goodness that came true too!

We have a wonderful life and I am incredibly grateful to God for the blessings he has given me. I couldn’t ask for a better marriage and I’ve been praying for a child for such a long time. I can’t wait to see what other blessings he has in store for our little family!

No comments: