Friday, September 4, 2009

A weekend apart

Today Charlie and I said goodbye for a very long weekend apart. No phone calls included! Charlie is off to serve as a youth leader for a Chrysalis flight. He will be giving a talk on "Faith" to a group of high school boys, hoping to lead them to Christ. He has been praying for months for a way for God to use him. This is the door that God opened. I am proud of him for his obedience, but I will miss him like crazy! I am home in Wilmington with my family. I love coming here and spending time with my family. They are a great distraction from my longing to see Charlie again in a few days. We haven't had one day since September 19th, the night we met bowling, that we haven't talked to each other. And we haven't spent a day apart since we were married 2 months ago. I miss him already and am counting down the minutes until we see each other Monday night!

No comments: