Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Camping at Pilot Mountain


Somehow Charlie convinced me to go camping. I hadn't been camping since I was in elementary school and a Girl Scout. Basically, it went down like this...

Charlie: "I'm going camping in a couple weekends with some friends."
Jenny: "Oh, so we are spending the weekend apart?"
Charlie: "No, you should come."
Jenny: "Am I going to freeze to death? Are there going to be showers? What about rats?"

SO...because we cannot stand to be apart, I sucked it up and went camping. Everyone that knew me thought I was crazy and wanted to know where the real Jenny was. I am a hotel kind of girl!!! I do not do outdoorsy things, especially for a whole weekend! I even took a day off to make it a long weekend. So we spent three days outside camping and I got a sub. Seriously, where is the real Jenny!?

Charlie was prepped for the whining. Although, amazingly there wasn't too much of it! Once again, would the real Jenny Kerns please stand up? My biggest concern about camping was rats. Charlie's biggest concern was bears. I mean really, aren't we more likely to see rats than bears???

We went with 2 other couples, Kurt & Suzy and Phil & Julie. I'm pretty sure we got on everyone's nerves! I actually had a good time! We hung out by the fire, walked up the trail on Pilot Mountain, and just relaxed. It really was fun! At one point I did have a crazy moment. I was walking to the bathroom (yes, thankfully there were bathrooms) at night and heard something. I screamed loudly and jumped. I was pretty sure it was a rat. BUT it wasn't. The noise was me crunching leaves as I walked and what I saw was my own shadow. :) Thankfully, I did not SEE any animals. Although at night you could definetly hear them walking around outside! Poor Charlie didn't get any sleep because I was up all night freaking out about every little sound! Oh...and I had to take showers with spiders.

So, while I didn't complain while we were camping, I'm pretty sure I've done enough in this post!

No comments: