Sunday, December 7, 2008

How it all started...

A good way to start this blog is start from the beginning! Charlie and I met through my brother, Chris. We were kind of set-up. We went bowling on a Friday night for Chris' birthday. We "somehow" ended up bowling on the same lane together all night. Charlie made it a point to say goodnight to me. A month later we watched a video of the bowling party. There is a part of the video where Chris is moving the camera between the two of us, "Charlie. Jenny. Charlie. Jenny." I think someone was trying to bring us together!

This is the best picture I can find of the 2 of us bowling. Lorelei is being "dried off" after spilling her drink.

The next day we went hiking at Raven Rock with Chris and Krystal and the kids, and Grice, a friend from Calvary, and his kids. We didn't talk too much. We walked together a little and I made it a point to sit next to Charlie on a rock and share Goldfish. At the end of the day, Charlie asked how often I was in town. I think he was gathering information to ask me out...

Sharing Goldfish on the rock. He is too cute!

On Sunday, we sat together at church, the wonderful Calvary Chapel Cary. And we had lunch with Chris and Krystal at the Hibernian Grill. We didn't really talk much at lunch, but we did sit next to each other. When it was time to go and we were in the parking lot, Charlie officially asked me out! I felt bad for him because we never had a chance to be alone, so he had to do it in front of Chris and Krystal. He asked me out for coffee, which is funny because I don't think we've ever gone to get coffee together. Of course I said yes! And that was the beginning of our beautiful romance!

No comments: