Monday, December 8, 2008

First Date

So we talked on the phone every night after Charlie asked me out. It started as short, 3o minute conversations and then escalated to 3 hours a night. Which I must say exhausted us to no end! I was supposed to go to a Downhere concert on Friday night. If you know me well enough, that was supposed to be the highlight of my year! But I was so taken by Charlie that I skipped the concert and went out with him instead! We went to a birthday party for his friend Kurt. Krystal took pictures of me getting ready.

We met at Calvary and went over to Kurt and Suzy's. The whole way to the church I was nervous! We had talked so much that week though that it took a little pressure off! Upon seeing each other we gave each other a big hug! If you have ever seen us together you would know that Charlie is so much taller than me! So of course I was on my tippy-toes. We looked at each other and I kissed Charlie! I really can't believe that I did that!!! We spent the night hanging out with his friends which was a lot of fun.

The next morning when I woke up I had a "relationship request" on Facebook! HA! So I take it Charlie was impressed with our first date as well! However, our first date was supposed to be what we did on Saturday...

Charlie picked me up at Chris and Krystal's and we went to see the El Greco exhibit at Duke. It was amazing artwork! We had fun and went to an early dinner. We both had plans later that night...one of the last and few times we would spend apart on a weekend!

On Sunday, we went to church together. After church we had lunch and went to Pullen Park. Pullen Park is where a lot of the magic happened! We graded papers under a tree. Being that both Charlie and I are "people pleasers" and "goody two shoes" I have to add that we jumped a gate across the railroad tracks and graded papers under a tree. Love makes you do crazy things! I thought it was so sweet that Charlie wanted to help me grade papers!

THEN....while standing in line to get tickets for the paddle boats Charlie misheard me! He thought I said I loved him...that is not at all what I said! But in return, he said he loved me! Now I know it sounds crazy, we had just had our first date 2 nights before, but we knew. So needless to say, this is probably my favorite date!!! Sitting under the tree was romantic, riding the paddle boats was romantic, talking on the park bench was romantic...I hope I never forget that day!

1 comment:

The Kerns Family said...

Your blog is so pretty and so..Jenny! I love how many times your favorite person ( ie. ME ) is mentioned! Love you!